Brunch-a-doodles

4:37:00 PM

My (almost) first cafe-hopping experience in Singapore today. Being a (traditional/typical) Singaporean, I am used to having my full three meals instead of fancy brunches but as I grow older, I have begun to appreciate sleeping in, waking up later and having in-between meal times. 

We went to Department of Caffeine (15 Duxton Road, near Tanjong Pagar) today for brunch (despite me devouring an entire sourdough loaf from Marché earlier on) and hopped on over to The Duxton Hotel (former Berjaya Hotel) for waffles. Definitely overate but I guess the good times I had with the girls made up for it. Did a mini gift exchange too, so happy! 

D.O.C serves a pretty neat variety of brunch offerings and coffee, prices ranging from $16.50 for mains and $4.50 for drinks, whereas deserts such as cakes and waffles start at $6. Pricing's pretty average and food was ok, the only downside is that it can get pretty stuffy inside after a while and reaches full house by about 12 (where isn't??), so be sure to make a reservation to avoid disappointment. 

Was snapping away as usual, check out the pics below.











More to come, perhaps?




You Might Also Like

0 comments