Yet another year comes to a close.

12:28:00 AM



(01.09.2014: Found this beautiful post in my queued – why didn't it go up? It's nine months late. I could've given birth. #justsaying)



“The problem is you think you have time.”

That's the problem with most people, isn't it? Like the title suggests, yet another year is coming to an end. As with what many would say, time flies and before you know it  BAM!, familiarity surges and it's the same feeling, the same old same old rush that fills you up entirely... When you come to realisation that once again, it's that time of the year. 


● 𝟚𝟘𝟙𝟛 in retrospect ●


« 壹 »

I could still vividly remember how I started the year by having a scrumptious first meal of the year with S and family. Mine never had this kind of tradition so it was new for me  I intend to carry on with this in the future for auspicious' sake! Also, went to Bangkok with C, L and G after a good six months.

«  »

LOL did February not happen because I don't remember anything about it?

«  »

 The start of my 6-week long bummer life. Pretty glad that despite the tough situation at work and my untimely departure, we remained friends even as I type right now. I am truly blessed to have met such fantastic colleagues in my short stay over at Changi. ♡

«  »

Rekindled a lost friendship that made me realise that nothing good ever comes easy and that you should hold on tight to the ones who mean something to you. Invisible bonds we hold, like ropes, get entangled, messy and broken but those that remain strong even after you tug hard at it - you know you are going to hold on to them for life. 

Also, finally went on an "overseas" trip with my comrades. A night at Batam with the girls was certainly one that I can never forget! Tsk.

«  »

Went to South Korea (and Hong Kong) on a whim with S and it's pretty good for a first! Except that we had too much time in HK and too little time in ICN. Will be back, will be back. Seoul, you were pretty in springtime!

«  »

Landed on a job that honestly I would have never imagined myself in. Cue days spent in search of the purpose of life (at work), wondering how to deal with people and navigating in the corporate world for that matter. 

Joined Yoga in search of namaste but I kinda fell off the yoga fence after five unsuccessful class booking session with the sanctuary. Will try harder in the coming year, I promise!

Also, attended my first ever K-pop concert (on a whim again, yes what an impulsive one I am). G-Dragon was beyond charismatic and the swag he oozes on stage only makes me wonder - is he born for the stage? Or is the stage born for him?

«  »

Was it this month or was it the previous that I somehow managed to bid a swift farewell to partying life? I guess after so many nights of (uncalled for) drama, heartbreak, bruised knees, soaked shoes (from other people's spills, urgh) and of course, money (that could be spent on better things), I'm done with them all. There comes a point in every party-goer's life where your sober conscience yells at you saying these late nights aren't getting you anywhere in life and has to stop. And that was mine. 

Sadly the only thing I seemed to gain after quitting this nocturnal lifestyle was weight. Urgh, thanks life.

«  »

Went on my first ever bonding trip (or sorts, huh) with the colleagues to somewhere that once again, I would not have foreseen myself at. A year of stepping outside one's comfort zone huh? Penang is a beautiful town filled with surprises at every turn and alley. There's a strange sense of familiarity as I walked through the streets - almost like I've been there but I've not.

«  »

Returned to the land of thousand smiles, Bangkok, for my birthday with A. Fun times! 

Watch the F1 concert with the girls (#NJLEX) because... No because. Glad we did though because it was one hell of an awesome performance! Crowd surfing through the mosh pit, holding our hands still for the entire duration of a song just so we can capture clear, stable videos and screaming to our Korean idol's names... Some kinda experience that you can't ever trade with.

«  »

Apart from another trip to Bangkok (yes), I was caught in a whirlwind of thoughts - particularly about my future: personal and professionally. I started to lose sight of what was ahead of me and what  I needed to do to stay afloat in these torrents of negativity with more and more people leaving around me. On a personal level, I was (deeply) affected by the fact that my parent's case was finally a closed chapter - granted, I was never a 'wholesome family girl' but I felt a tinge of loss when I found out it was real - we had to start afresh elsewhere. Bidding the life I led for the last 23 years wasn't as easy as I thought and it left me questioning many things in life. 

Do all things, regardless of its nature, come to an end anyway?

«  »

Flew mum to Bangkok together with my brother and cousin for her birthday and despite it being a real short trip, it turned out to be really enjoyable despite the tiny food poisoning episode at the last few hours of the trip. 

Did some soul-searching and came back with what I hope was the answer in mind, only to wander onto a completely foreign land once again.

«  »

December, to me, is always a month of reflections, enlightenment and fruitful learning. Through certain incidences, I learnt about responsibility and the importance of sharing information especially in a team. That, I think I've found the answer to a burning question that I've had on my mind. Funny how fast things can change – barely a month ago I was occupied with thoughts of resignation and now I'm striving to bring out the best in whatever situation I am in and make use of all the opportunities I have to learn as much as possible. If you can't change things, change the way you look at them.


This life is a mystery.

With that:

HAPPY 2014 MXTHXRFXCKXRS

You Might Also Like

0 comments