Taipei (part two)

5:23:00 PM



This is mainly going to be a food post (instead of shopping) because I guess most people shop at the same place in Taiwan and I'm no different...

I usually do my shopping at Shilin Night Market (independent stalls) or mainly in Seoul/Bkk. Haha! One thing that I always, always stock up in TPE are these dailies! So cheap and comfortable, great for lazy people like me who don't like to store my lens.

Alright on to the food.
XM brought us here when we were on our learning journey in Mar'14. As our meals were pre-planned, we skipped team dinner to have BBQ at this place. 乾杯 (Kanpai) is location in the Xinyi district of Taipei, where the main shopping, clubs and locals hang out. It is located just opposite the Chrome Hearts store, so it shouldn't be too hard to locate!

Pictured here is the Beef Tongue. Good lord I never thought I would give this a try but surprisingly... It's pretty good! Life surprises you sometimes eh? Hahaha. Average spending here was S$20, which I think is pretty reasonable for all-meat dishes and beer!


Would not have discovered Wang's Steak if not for the learning trip. This is a 'high end steak house chain' restaurant that provides top notch service and great tasting food. I came here twice since the discovery of this place and never once did they fail me. My favorite main would have to be the 'Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Truffle Sauce & Cod & Scallop' (pictured above). What a delicious combination of fish, seafood and meat! 

The attentive servers know just when to bring you your next dish and their product knowledge is immaculate. Don't believe me? Go try them out!

Take a look at the menu here and average spending per pax is S$65 and once again, it's too affordable for service and food like this.

The original Din Tai Fung at Taipei 101... I'll have to say... The service is a little better compared to the DTFs in Singapore but the waiting time and food quality remains the same. Good quality control? I guess so! We waited about 45mins on an off-peak period. 

What I liked about this place is that you can actually order 3pcs of Xiao Long Bao if you're coming alone or have no one to share it with you - a flexibility that we could possibly do with? 




Dazzling Cafe Pink at Xinyi district too! 


Having heard so much about their honey toast and sinful sides, I had to give this a try when I was in town. I don't usually prefer sweet, sugary stuff but the deserts here left me wanting more... Or rather finishing up the bits and pieces - something that you will never catch me doing.

My favorite would have to be the Strawberry Lover Honey Toast (pictured above). Generous servings of strawberries and whipped cream (got me gagging a little) that went so well with the honey toast cubes. Only downside is that the serving of my pasta (Thai Style Pasta) was a little small as compared to the honey toast. I mean... I definitely felt fully with the honey toast as compared to the pasta. Is it just me?! 


So much delicious street food here, so little time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ending the post with Ay-Chung mee sua that everyone possibly knows about. The 小肠 are so delicious I almost forgot they are innards (something that I just... can't make myself eat). Hehe.

Okay la I don't really know of many food haunts in Taipei... I admit. It's always the usual that I go to and I love! Hopefully I'll discover more hidden gems this time round in May. 

Do share with me your favourite go-to restaurants/eateries/joints in TPE too!

Can't wait.


You Might Also Like

0 comments