21 years of vanity

12:04:00 AM




Me, 1 year old. Taken with my Dad's Nikon SLR! Quite cool photos especially in 1991, I guess. Haha! Look how happy I looked!


+ 1 more of the smiley baby. Forever same face, huh!


Me at age 2? Note the same top as the first picture. Rad and boomz with my cousins (primary colors yellow and blue - CWS and CWL + Qiu min jie jie!) at the Zoo!


Still age 2? I miss my grandparents, especially my grandmother. :'<


Stylo milo with whatever that's on my hands. Seriously?! Little poseur in the making! Hahahaha!


Was this Marina Square? Look at the hands and the legs! My goodness. HAHAHAHAH


Me at 5! Bunny hop, some performance for the kindergarten. My mother sewed all the costumes by hand… Wonder how she did it! :O


Me at 6 and my baby brother at 4. He's already in the Army now!


Me at 9. The pose, classic seh.



Poserella!


Brother and me on cruise! Quite lok-kok one though.


Me at 11? Look! so many hamsters!!!


(little brother at 10. Giganto jacket on him, so cute!)


HORROR HORROR! Me at 14 with CWS, CWL and my brother. I think this was the period of gender-crisis I went through. :<

… Those were the only few I managed to find. There were at least 40 (big and small) photo albums in my parent's room that consist of thousands of photographs of me and my brother growing up. I'll dig all of them out one day, for sure! Halfway rummaging through the albums, I found my parents' childhood photos. Look!!!


My dad was a hawk-hunter in his earlier days. LOL! Big bird in action eh. HAHAHA


My mother and her sisters (my aunts)! So adorable, all of them. My mum still looks like that, LOL!


My relatives in Hainan, China. My father's half-siblings and whatnots! (spot the chicken photobombing in the foreground).

- - - - - -

My grandfather was from China, my grandmother from Malaysia. 
He was a journalist and photographer in his earlier days and wrote columns on Lian He Zao Bao (together with my grand-uncle if I'm not wrong). My grandmother was a hawker in Perak, Ipoh. She made really awesome curry chicken but it was a pity that the last time I ate it was in 2005. :< She had a bad fall at home in 2008 and was admitted to the hospital, I accompanied her after school in the ward but she didn't seem to recognise me already. Shortly after, she was transferred to an elderly's home in Johor Bahru where she stayed till her last days in May 2011. I really, really regret not talking to her and spending more time with her when she was alive but guess there's no point saying all these when it can't change anything… :'<

My father is a Malaysian Chinese, My mother is a Singaporean Chinese. 
He is an optometrist. She is an accounts clerk.
I love them both, just not when they are together.

Me? I am a Singaporean Chinese.
I get mistaken for a Thai, Malay, Indonesian and Asean-asian quite regularly. 
Normal lah, huh?

(writing all these about le famile just in case I forget about them all one day)

(me, 3)

Goodnight. 
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments